Cimzia® (certolizumab pegol)
is the first PEGylated,
Fc free anti-TNF indicated
for the treatment of
Psoriatic Arthritis, Psoriasis
and Rheumatoid Arthritis.1
Did you know?
Cimzia is the first PEGylated, Fc free anti-TNF indicated for the treatment of severe, active Axial Spondyloarthritis, active Psoriatic Arthritis, moderate to severe Plaque Psoriasis, and moderate to severe Rheumatoid arthritis inadequately controlled with prior therapy1
Placental transfer of antibodies
Due to the fact that it lacks an Fc region, Cimzia does not bind the neonatal
Fc receptor (FcRn) and consequently, is not expected to undergo
FcRn-mediated transfer across the placenta6*
Adapted from Roopenian et al. 2007
* The clinical significance of low levels certolizumab pegol for infants is unknown.
Due to its inhibition of TNFα, Cimzia administered during pregnancy could affect normal
immune response in the newborn.
The use of adequate contraception should be considered for women of childbearing potential. For women planning pregnancy, continued contraception may be considered for 5 months after the last Cimzia dose due to its elimination rate, but the need for treatment of the woman should also be taken into account. Cimzia should only be used during pregnancy if clinically needed.
1. CIMZIA® Summary of Product Characteristics.
2. Furst D. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2010;28(3 Suppl 59):S5–12.
3. Weir N, et al. Therapy. 2006;3(4):535–545.
4. Porter C, et al. J Reprod Immunol. 2016;116:7–12.
5. Cosentyx® Summary of Product Characteristics.
6. Roopenian D, et al. Nat Rev Immunol. 2007;7(9):715–725.
Because we're in this together...
Report adverse events
Help us to grow our resource the way you want it to grow.
Date of preparation: May 2021